It is common for aged people to suffer from various joint pains as the lubrication of the joints dries up with aging. But Gout pain though belonging to the same category rises from a different reason and can be observed in middle aged and younger persons too Crystallization of uric acid like fine needles takes place in the joints when the body is unable to excrete the uric acid completely due to malfunctioning of the kidneys and this can occur due to several reasons. Some foods are responsible for the increase in the uric acid levels in the blood causing gout. Though Gout is mostly observed in men, but some women after menopause develop the symptoms of gout.
The most common symptoms appear in the formation of a painful swelled toe, followed by pain in wrists, elbows, fingers, ankles ears and foot. Severe attacks of pain are observed either in early mornings or midnight often followed by fever.
Too much accumulation of uric acid in the blood is the main cause of Gout and the kidney in unable to eliminate the excess uric acid. Other factors contributing to this disease are -
1. Too much intake of protein rich non- vegetarian food items.
3. Lacking in physical workouts
6. Lower estrogen levels in women after menopause.
Natural treatments of Gout has become very popular specially with the various home and herbal remedies, as other medications invite undesirable side effects that requires another round of treatment.
1. Consuming 15-20 cherries a day, whether it is sweet or sour is found to be the best natural cure in Gout treatment.
2. Juices from fresh vegetables like carrots, beets and cucumber are found to be beneficial in treating gout. Mixing 100 ml. each of beet and cucumber juices to 300ml. of carrot juice will give the desired result.
3. Malic acid present in apples are effective in neutralizing the acidity of the uric acid proving to be effective in gout treatment.
4. Taking a diet consisting only of about 8-9 bananas throughout the day for 3-4 days provides some relief from the gout pain.
5. Vitamin C present helps in curing the sore joints as well as strengthens the connective tissue. So squeezing half a lime in a glass of water and drinking it twice reduces the gout pain.
6. Diet must consist of natural foods with a good amount of fruits avoiding all sorts of refined and processed food.
7. Adopting regular outdoor physical workouts plays an important role in treating gout to prevent any disability of the joints.