Ayurvedic remedies has a long history of more than 3000 years that originated in India and laid the solid foundation of that branch of medical science, which emphasizes on the natural and herbal treatments and synchronizes the body and mind in accordance with the laws of nature. Our body, according to Ayurveda medicine is composed of five essential elements (fire, water, air, earth, ether) in different compositions like Vata (air and water), Pitta (fire) and Kapha (earth and water), termed as Tridoshas. Any disturbance in the equilibrium of these Doshas or humor results in a number of diseases. The bottom line is, "Deviation from laws of nature leads to worries and diseases".
Special ayurvedic remedies like Panchakarma, Marma Chikitsha, Dhara followed by Ayurvedic Diet helps in restoring the balance of Tridoshas in the body along with the spiritual induction of the mind. These treatments include the process of detoxification, cleansing and energizing the body that helps in curing from deadly diseases. Ayurvedic diet strictly prohibits the mixing up of different kinds of food items at a time (e.g. milk and yoghurt) that may disrupt the digestion process.
Sushruta Samhita, compiled by the physician Sushruta, the father of Ayurvedic medicine lists about 700 medicinal plants, describing 1200 illness and several combinations of minerals and animal- based products that is required for treating a number of diseases.
Ayurveda firmly believes that administration of different herbs in right proportions can cure the most deadly disease. Some of the benefits are -
1. These are safe and have no toxic effects.
2. Ayurvedic supplements are rich in minerals and vitamins that boost the body immunity system along with the treatment of the disease.
3. Enhances the digestion and absorption of food.
4. Herbs rich in antioxidants help in fighting free radicals that prevent aging and improves the health of the skin.
5. Fights against all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
6. Ayurvedic supplements take care of the overall functional systems instead of treating individual symptoms.
7. These are also effective in treating the deadly disease cancer.
8. Common chronic diseases like asthma, hypertension and diabetes can be kept well under control by the ayurvedic supplements.
Different herbs are used in different ways. Some are applied externally which are beneficial for the health of the skin and hair. Some herbs are taken raw, in the form of juice, salads or through the medium of honey, milk, water or ghee that helps in the blood purification as well as improves the body immunity system.
For burns, cuts, joint pains, inflammation and swelling external applications of herbs in the form of paste, wraps or foments have been found to give excellent results.